Sunday, June 17, 2012

Shubham Valley Restaurant


Address: 8, Vikas Surya Arcade, Unit 101, Sector 11, Near Aashirwad Chowk, Dwarka, New Delhi

Shubham Valley is one of the good vegetarian restaurants in South West Delhi. It is not the classy type where you need to dress up and go. When you feel lazy and do not want to get ready to go to a hi-fi restaurant, Shubham Valley is the best place. It has a good variety of North Indian food as well as Chinese and South Indian.

Though I find it a little clumsy and more of an average family restaurant, many people love dining there. May be they like it because of its complete vegetarian status. You will usually find families here and a lot of noise accompanying them. As I said, this is not a very hi-fi restaurant, so expect the crowd to be the same. That doesn’t mean everyone who comes here doesn’t have a status, but everyone expects to just chill out, disregard of other people sitting around.

I was told that the Malai Kofta here is awesome. Well I didn’t enjoy it as it was too sweet. I can make a better malai kofta and my recipe is very simple. Please do not go by my verdict. You must judge only after you have tried their malai kofta.

However the Chinese food is not very tasty. My tip to you is that whenever you want to have Chinese food, go to an authentic Chinese restaurant and not to a multi-cuisine restaurant. The wide variety attracts families where kids want to have Chinese while elders want to have Indian food, but you never get that authentic taste in Chinese food.

I have been to Shubham Valley just once and somehow me and my neighbour have the same view about it. She got the same treatment that I got when I reached a little late. The service was bad, the staff was not too kind and served us all cold dinner. The warmth in their behaviour was missing.

Well all I can say is that this place does deserve one visit and you must try it because it’s not all that bad. Just remember to reach a little early and not when they are about to close down. Weekends may make the services slow but that’s bearable considering they are humans too. Home delivery is available on a minimum order of Rs 250-300. Have Happy Dining there.

3.2 stars out of five from me to Shubham Valley Restaurant.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked your blog and it will be very helpful for everyone, Thanks for sharing. I really liked it.
    Restaurant in Saket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valuable for information if there is any other blog related this kindly ping me

    Mutli Cuisine Restaurants in Dwarka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valuable for information if there is any other blog related this kindly ping me

    Multi Cuisine Restaurants Delhi

    ReplyDelete